It is rampant to find snakes around bushy and cluttered living spaces where these reptiles easily rest and feed.
News Nigeria Today gather that most plumbers have seen snakes under houses or in a roof cavity than in the toilet however, snakes can still get into a toilet through an opening in the sewer.
A broken sewer can harbor rates and mice, an opportunity and leeway snakes follow to get their meals.
That way, the snake can access the water closet and get into your living space.
Better safe than sorry...check out the…
Tips to prevent snakes in and around your home
1. Keep windows and sliding doors in the bathroom closed or ensure the screens are fully intact so a snake can’t slide its way in.
2. Prevent a mouse or rat infestation in your home with the correct rodent protection. Snakes will follow the food trail, so if you have mice or rats near or in your house, get rid of them faster.
3. Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptiles from harboring around the house.
4. Another thing you should take note of is to always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink regularly. There are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.
5. Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you’re not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile through the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.
6. Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you sit on it, avoid using the toilet in the dark and public toilets are dangerous to use anyhow. If you must use them, don’t sit directly on them, lift up your buttock slightly above the bowl and be watchful.
Read also – Best FIFA Football Awards 2021: Nominees Are…